India is amongst the first three countries where this is being tested
Instagram began testing the ability for people to add music to their feed posts. India is amongst the two countries where this will first be tested, the other two being Brazil and Turkey.
Music plays an instrumental role in enabling people to share, connect and express themselves on Instagram. With this test, Instagram hopes to give its community a way to add a soundtrack to their Feed photos, like they can with Reels and Stories already. If a user clicks on the song, they will be taken to an audio page that showcases all Feed posts that have used that song.
This feature is being tested with a small percentage of Instagram’s global community and expanded based on the learning and feedback from the Instagram community.
How does it work?
● Upload your Feed photo (per usual steps)
● Click on “Add Music”
● Search for specific songs in the “Search” field or browse for music in the “Trending” or “For You” sections of the prompt
● Select the song that you’d like to add to your photo
● You will be able to select the clip duration (similar to stories) and choose the length of time you’d like to include (up to X seconds)
● Click “Done” and then “Share”