Facebook said on its expanding on the Covid-19 Announcement in India, which is a tool for the health departments of States and Union Territories to share essential COVID-19 related updates with their communities.
This is part of our ongoing efforts to support the public health authorities work to keep people safe and informed during the coronavirus public health crisis. India is the second country after the US to launch this feature and we have partnered with 33 states and Union Territories to roll this out in their respective jurisdictions.
The company stated that when posts by state health department pages on Facebook are marked as COVID-19 Announcements, Facebook amplifies their reach so that people located in the community are more likely to see them.
“We will send notifications to people located in the affected area, and will also show that information on the COVID-19 Information Center. This will help distribute important and urgent updates related to COVID-19 or COVID-19 vaccination efforts to people in the community,” states the company.
Covid-19 Announcements can be used to communicate:
· Information on existing Covid-19 resources, such as helplines
· Updates on hospital bed availability in districts, such as Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds and oxygen supported beds
· Changes to existing Covid-19 rules and regulation that can impact communities and day-to-day actions, such as lockdowns, night curfews and changes to treatment protocols
· Information about vaccine eligibility and registration, and the logistics of acquiring a vaccine
· Accurate information on Covid-19 appropriate behavior
· Preventive behavioral health measures to stop the spread of Covid-19