Mumbai, NFAPost: Tata Motors is taking head on competition in the Indian SUV market by launching all-new Safari built on the legacy of prestige and outstanding performance by combining Tata Motors’ Impact 2.0 design language.
The new Safaci has its proven capability of OMEGARC, an architecture derived from the renowned D8 platform from Land Rover, which in itself is the gold standard of SUVs worldwide.
As the flagship SUV from Tata Motors, Safari has evolved to satisfy the new age SUV customers and promises to set new benchmarks for SUVs in India. It will further take the legacy of Safari forward by building on its pedigree – dominating SUV stance, spacious, comfortable & plush interiors, spirited performance and robust built.
The new Safari, available in 6 and 7 seater options, offers a versatile performance with its Kryotec 2L Turbocharged 170PS Diesel Engine, segment leading ride and handling, plush and premium spacious interiors and top- of- the- line safety, technology and connectivity features.
The All- New Safari, a potent combination of power and elegant sophistication, is set to rule the Indian roads once again. The award winning Impact 2.0 design language of the new Safari readily tells its all-purpose nature. Its unique and domineering stance has been enhanced in a new avatar
Confident and Dignified Exteriors:
- Signature Grille with the Signature Tri-Arrow Chrome motif encased by the Humanity Line
- Unmistakable and iconic stepped roof, held between the equally well regarded roof-rails have been re-imagined making them immensely stylish and yet functional
- Flared Wheel Arches & Protective Side Cladding
- Dual Tone Front Bumper
- Xenon HID Projector Headlamps
- Dual Function LED DRLs with Turn Indicators
- Signature Twin Light LED Tail Lamps
- 18” Machined Alloy Wheels
- Shark Fin Antenna
Indulgent and Inviting Interiors:
- Signature Oyster White Interior colour scheme
- Signature Ashwood Dashboard
- Premium Benecke KalikoTM Oyster White Perforated Leather# Seat Upholstery & Door Pad Inserts
- Satin Chrome Pack
- Soft Touch Dashboard with Anti Reflective ‘Nappa’ Grain Top Layer
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel & Gear Shift Knob
Colours: Royale Blue, Orcus White and Daytona Grey
Lifestyle that is Grand
The New Safari comes with some of the finest workmanship on display, enriched with indulgent & luxurious interiors, made from high-quality materials, making it a truly unforgettable experience every time you take the wheel.
Luxurious travel for 7 adults:
The new Safari carry forwards the legend’s much lauded for aspect of space and cossetting occupants with high driving and sitting positions that make them always feel in command.
The ergonomically designed 3rd row seating offers segment- leading- comfort for adults with its abundant knee-room & headroom for a stretch during those long drives. With the intelligently designed utility spaces and added functionalities on offer in the 3rd row, Safari promises to offer a no- compromise living room experience to passengers in all 3 rows.
Key Dimensions of 3rd Row Seats:
- Headroom – 889 mm
- Legroom – 832 mm
- Thigh Support – 463 mm
- Floor to seat Cushion Height 3rd Row – 315 mm
- Backrest Angle – 23 deg.
Intelligently designed utilities and functionalities for the 3rd Row Passengers including:
- Dedicated AC unit with AC vents
- USB Mobile Charger
- Mobile holder
- Cup holder
- Reading Lamp
The best-in-segment Panoramic Sunroof offers views like never before, with practical features for convenience and safety of passengers
- Global Close feature- Closes the Sunroof automatically when the ignition is turned off and the vehicle is parked with doors locked.
- Anti-pinch for passenger safety.
- Rain Sensor closure to prevent rainwater from getting into the cabin.
- Rollover screen with a black coating on the glass side that helps with heat dissipation and keeps the cabin cool.
- Separate user-friendly switches for each function for ease of use while driving.
Immaculate attention has been given to the finest of details in the new Safari. It comes loaded with a host of other features to complement an indulgent and active lifestyle
|Features to indulge: Passengers|
Boss mode for the added convenience to stretch your legs further and create the space you deserveIndulgent Captain Seats for 2nd row (optional)2nd Row Seats with 60:40 SplitReclining 2nd Row SeatsAmbient Mood LightingFully Automatic Temperature Control (FATC)Rear AC VentsIntelligently designed utility spaces like Rear Armrest with Cup Holders, Cooled Storage Box and Other spaces such as Tab Storage Tray, Mobile Holders, Coin holder, Umbrella Holder, Bottle Holders and Sunglass Holder, help you carry the world with you
|Features to indulge: Driver|
Push Button Start6-way Powered Driver Seat with adjustable lumbar support.Steering Wheel with Tilt & Telescopic AdjustmentAutomatic HeadlampsRain Sensing WipersElectrically Adjustable and Foldable Outer Mirrors
Performance that Elevates
With the New Safari, no matter where it’s taken, the refined ride & handling and a thrilling drive powers the journey. Precisely engineered next-generation super refined Kryotec 2.0 Turbocharged Diesel Engine offers an effortless, unparalleled driving experience and versatile performance.
Kryotec 2.0 Turbocharged Diesel Engine:
- 170 PS Power & 350 Nm of Torque
- Seamlessly mated to 6 Speed Automatic/ Manual Transmission
- Multi Drive Mode 2.0: The Engine Drive Modes (Eco, City, Sport) married to the ESP Terrain Response Modes (Normal, Rough & Wet) for taking on difficult terrains
- Advanced Electronically Controlled Variable Geometry Turbocharger (eVGT) for excellent low end torque and linear power delivery
- Light Weight and Low Friction Valve Train Architecture for silent operation
- Advanced Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) & After Treatment System for maintaining low carbon foot print
- Cruise control
Refined Ride and Handling:
- Front Suspension and Hydra Bush carried over from D8, tuned for Indian conditions
- Rear Twist Blade suspension designed by Lotus Engineering UK to suit Indian conditions
- Double chamfer valve technology in advanced Rack & Pinion steering system for High speed driving and ease of parking in tight spaces
- Steering tuned for excellent driving dynamics
- Large R18 tyres from the 740mm Tyre family with 235mm width for a stable and grounded driving experience in all terrains
The new Safari makes sure that all its occupants are cocooned in an impenetrable bubble of safety once inside the vehicle. The new Safari not only boasts of the inherent strengths of OMEGARC but also comes loaded with top-of-the-line safety features to ensure active and passive safety.
- Electronic Parking Brake with Auto Hold
- All Disc Brakes
- Tyre Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
- 6 Airbags (Driver, Co-driver, Side Seat and Curtain Airbags)
- Auto-Dimming IRVM
- Front Fog Lamp with Cornering Function
- Child Seat ISOFIX Anchor Points
- Perimetric Alarm System
- Reverse Parking Camera
- Driver & Co-Driver Seat Belt Reminders
The advanced ESP mated to the Terrain Response Modes offers class leading 14 functionalities
|Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)Electronic Brake Force DistributionCorner Stability ControlOFF road ABSElectronic Traction ControlElectronic Stability ControlHill Hold Control||Hill Descent ControlRoll Over MitigationBrake Disc WipingElectronic Brake Pre-fillHydraulic Brake AssistHydraulic Fading CompensationDynamic Wheel Torque by Brake|
Infotainment and Connectivity that’s in Vogue
The New Safari has evolved to be in sync with the technologically savvy SUV customer of today.
- Floating Island Touch Screen Infotainment System with 8.8” High Resolution Display
- 320W RMS JBL Audio with 9 speakers (4 Speakers+ 4 Tweeters+ 1 Subwoofer) and external Amplifier
- Acoustically Tuned by JBL
- Android Auto & Apple Car Play* Connectivity
- Instrument Cluster with 7″ Coloured TFT Display
- Media, Phone & Navigation Mirroring between Infotainment & Instrument cluster
- Video Playback and view images through USB
- Voice Recognition & SMS Readout, Voice Alerts for Driver assistance
- USB/AUX in / Bluetooth Audio Playback
iRA – Intelligent Real Time Assist: The revolutionary Connected Car Technology from Tata Motors keeps the customer connected with his car and the community
|LOCATION BASED SERVICESNearest TML Service station / Roadside assistanceNavigation (Maps Integration)Weather UpdatesGeo FencingTime FencingValet ModeShare my carShare location and get tracked live||VEHICLE SECURITY FEATURESIntrusion alertRemote ImmobilisationSpeed AlertPanic NotificationEmergency SMSFind My Car|
|LIVE VEHICLE DIAGNOSTICSAlerts about critical car parametersView Car Health DashboardCustom messages (e.g “Happy Birthday”) on cluster||GAMIFICATIONTribes for socializing with Tata car ownersBest/Most Efficient users of the week/month (Driving Score basis)View Trip details and Provide drive pattern analytics with Driver Score|
|REMOTE COMMANDSRemote Lock/UnlockRemote Lights On/OffRemote horn||OVER THE AIR UPDATESOver the air updates to update the Telematics ECU|
Robust Built Quality – Pedigree that’s Legendary
The flagship SUV from Tata Motors is the 2nd product based on the highly acclaimed OMEGARC architecture, derived from the legendary D8 platform of Land Rover
- Monocoque Construction with Optimized Torsional and Bending Stiffness for exemplary driving dynamics
- Over 1 million SUV’s based on D8 architecture sold world over
- Built on an advanced all new 90%+ automated BIW assembly line for robust build quality and reliability
- Extensive use of Advanced High Strength steel and Tailor Welded Blanks for high strength & reduced weight
- Efficiently Designed Crumple Zones for absolute safety
- Auxiliary isolation panels for quiet and refined in cabin experience
- Isolated Sub-Frame design minimises the noise and loads caused by severe impacts such as speed humps
- Adapted for Indian conditions with over 2.2 million kms of testing on torturous terrains