New Fortuner lineup now includes more powerful diesel Automatic Transmission variants and an exclusive and stylish new Legender
· Fortuner continues to be SUV segment leader since its launch in 2009 over 1,70,000 units sold till date.
· In the quest to build “Ever-Better Cars”, Toyota has launched the new Fortuner and the Legender.
· New Fortuner features a Tougher & More premium Design language, in line with customer needs.
· While the new Fortuner exudes best in class torque and a powerful performance, the Legender is a mighty combination of power, sophistication, and unmatched style.
· The new Fortuner is available in 2.8 L Diesel Engine with 6-Speed Automatic and 6-Speed Manual Transmission with Intelligent Manual Transmission options and 2.7 L Petrol Engine in 6-Speed Automatic and 5-Speed Manual Transmission.
· New Fortuner Automatic Transmission provides a whopping 500 Nm of Torque and powerful performance with 204 PS while Manual Transmission variants will also see a power up with 204 PS of Power and 420 Nm Torque.
· The new Fortuner adds new features like 11 speaker JBL Audio, Superior Suction based Seat ventilation system (Front Row) & a new Infotainment system withAndroid Auto/Apple Carplay connectivity.
· The 4X4 (AT and MT) variants further enhance their off-road credentials with a Lockable Differential as an additional feature to ensure firm footing when navigating in extreme terrains.
- New Fortuner available in new color – Sparkling Black Crystal Shine.
- In line with the trend of connected cars, all new Fortuner & Legender comes with connected features like Geo-fencing, Real-time tracking, Last Parked Location etc.
- The Legender comes with “Sleek & Cool” design language loaded with many high-end features also launched to meet the growing demand for exclusive and convenience features.
- The Legender comes with best-in-class Torque of 500 Nm and 204 PS of Power and brings new convenience features like Kick Sensor for Back door & Wireless Charging.
· The Legender is available in Pearl white with Black roof (Dual Tone).
· New Fortuner and the new Legender is available as per the price below Ex-showroom (Prices are the same across the country except for Kerala). Available in the following grades:
New Fortuner Ex-showroom (Same across the country except in Kerala)
| 2.7 Litre |
|2WD (Petrol)||Rs. 29,98,000|
|2WD (Diesel)||Rs. 32,48,000|
|4WD (Diesel)||Rs. 35,14,000|
Legender Ex-showroom (Same across the country except in Kerala)
|2.8 Litre||2WD (Diesel)||Rs 37,58,000Automatic Transmission|
New features of new Fortuner
· Tough-looking New Front Grille
· Sculpted side-pontoon shaped bumper
· New Headlamp Design with a distinctive sharp LED line guide
· Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs)
· Multi-Axis spoke Alloy wheels with Super Chrome metallic finishing
· Superior Suction based Seat ventilation system (Front Row)
· All-new Smart Playcast Touchscreen Audio with Android Auto/Apple Carplay
· Combimeter Theme & Ornamentation update for more premium feel
· Connected car Technology (Geo fencing, Real-time tracking, Last Parked Location, etc.)
· Interior Color options change [Dark Brown à Black; Chamois to continue]
· Front Clearance Sonar
· Auto Limited Slip Differential
· Lockable Differential – Only in Diesel 4×4 (AT and MT Variants)
· Premium 11 JBL Speakers including Subwoofer (Only in Diesel 4×4 AT and MT Variants)
- Variable Flow Control Power Steering [New Sport mode with changed steering dynamics]
New features of Legender
· Catamaran Style Front & Rear Bumpers
· Sharp & Sleek Front Grille with Piano Black Accents
· 18” Multi-layered Machine cut finished alloys
· Split Quad-LED Headlamps with waterfall LED line guide signature
· Sequential Turn Indicators
· Dual Tone Black Roof
· Dual Tone (Black + Maroon) interior theme
· Contrast Stitching for Steering Wheel & Console Box
· Interior Ambient Illumination (I/P, Front Door Trim, Front Foot-well areas)
· Rear USB Port
· Kick Sensor for Power Back Door
· Wireless Smartphone Charger
Bengaluru, NFAPost: In line with Toyota’s philosophy of making “Ever- Better Cars”, Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) launched the new Toyota Fortuner and exclusive new Legender.
The Fortuner has been an aspirational SUV for more than a decade now and continues to dominate the segment with over 53% segment share, even today.
The new Fortuner is available in 2.8 L Diesel Engine with 6-Speed Automatic and 6-Speed Manual Transmission with Intelligent Manual Transmission options and 2.7 L Petrol Engine in 6-Speed Automatic and 5-Speed Manual Transmission.
The Fortuner Automatic Transmission variants provide best-in-class torque of 500 Nm and 204 PS of Power while Manual Transmission variants generate 204 PS of Power and 420 Nm Torque.
The new Fortuner boasts of new exterior features like a tougher-looking new Front Grille, Sculpted Side-pontoon Shaped Bumper thus amplifying commanding presence.
New Headlamp Design with distinctive sharp LED line guide, Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs) and Multi-Axis spoke Alloy wheels with Super Chrome metallic finishing giving a luxurious look.
For the interior, Superior Suction based Seat ventilation system (Front Row) and a larger Smart Playcast Touchscreen Audio with Android Auto/Apple Carplay and a JBL 11 speaker w/ subwoofer system [4X4 variants only] are some of the key changes.
For added driving comfort and convenience, the new Fortuner comes with Auto Limited Slip Differential (Auto-LSD) that enables maximum power without breaking traction, Variable Flow Control (VFC) Power Steering that allows customers to dynamically change steering dynamics with drive modes [Eco, Normal, Sport] and Front Clearance Sonar to safely navigate when parking in tight spaces.
The 4X4 (AT and MT) variants further enhance their off-road credentials with a Lockable Differential as an additional feature to ensure firm footing when navigating in extreme terrains.
The new Fortuner will be available in existing colours of Phantom Brown, Super White, Attitude Black, Avant-Garde Bronze, Grey Metallic, Silver Metallic, Pearl White Crystal Shine and a new color of Sparkling Black Crystal Shine.
On the occasion, TKM also unveiled the Legender. Its bold proportions demonstrate the clear differentiation that makes it cooler and futuristic. The Catamaran elements that wrap the corners creates a strong vertical prominence and ensure a wider presence.
Further, an exclusive headlamp design has been crafted for the Legender – Split Quad LEDs with a waterfall LED line guide signature that will ensure the best of brightness. The sharp nose creates a strong forward movement; to create a sense of exclusivity with a sleek and cool theme, the Legender comes with exterior features such as Catamaran Style Front & Rear Bumpers sharp, and sleek Front Grille with Piano Black Accents, Sequential Turn Indicators and 18-inch Multi-layered Machine-cut finished Alloy Wheels.
In the Legender, the interior features include Dual Tone (Black + Maroon) interior theme, Contrast Stitching for Steering Wheel and Console Box, Interior Ambient Illumination (I/P, Front Door Trim, Front Foot-well areas) and Rear USB Ports. Apart from these, the Legender is loaded with high-end features like Kick Sensor for Power Back Door and Wireless Smartphone Charger. The Legender is available only in exciting color of Pearl White with Black roof (Dual tone).
Both the products are uniquely positioned to cater to the diverse needs of the dynamic market. While the new Fortuner is poised to “Lead with Power” the exclusive new Legender is “Powered in Style” thus reinforcing the brand’s towering presence.
Sharing his views on the launch of the new Fortuner, Toyota Motor Corporation Chief Engineer Yoshiki Konishi said the new Fortuner is born out of the company’s understanding of the customer feedback.
“The idea was to enhance the toughness of the vehicle and give it a powerful presence and distinctiveness like no other. Our enhancements were more than just skin deep; we have also upgraded the engine by introducing a new heavy-duty Turbo, designed for powerful performance, and improved frictional efficiency. As a result, the Fortuner Automatic now puts out 500Nm of torque, making it the best in the segment,” said Yoshiki Konishi.
“For the Legender, we have brought in a sense of exclusivity in the design language and style. The bold proportions and advanced features make it look cooler and modernized, giving it a true premium stance and outlook. We are confident customers will appreciate the tweaks we have introduced specifically for the Indian market,” said Yoshiki Konishi.
Commenting on the launch, TKM Managing Director Masakazu Yoshimura said for more than a decade, the Fortuner has proven itself to be the most dependable SUV becoming the top-most choice for customers across every corner of the country.
“The Fortuner witnessed demand despite the effects of the pandemic on the economy. Therefore, it gives me great pride to introduce the new Fortuner and new Legender to the ever-growing base of loyal customers in India. I am confident the new Fortuner and exclusive new Legender with their bold styling, advanced features and rugged frame structure will offer value, versatility and superiority attracting many existing customers to upgrade while bringing in new set of customers to the Toyota family,” said Masakazu Yoshimura.
Talking about his views, TKM Senior Vice President Naveen Soni said the company is delighted to bring the all new Fortuner and New Legender to our customers in India.
“The Fortuner lineup together with the Legender reflect the growing aspirations of our customers who seek the best in style, comfort, and performance. Following our customer-first approach, we have tried to not just meet these aspirations but also surpass them by introducing the new Fortuner and the Legender,” said Naveen Soni.
He also said a key addition to the new Fortuner and Legender is connected technology that enables features like Geo-fencing, Real-time tracking, last parked location for peace of mind.
“The infotainment system also comes with Android Auto/Apple Carplay connectivity to provide more convenience. We are sure that the customers will enjoy the new features and continue to put their faith in India’s most admired SUV. We are anticipating great demand for our new offerings across all major Tier I, II and III markets in the country,” said Naveen Soni.
Bookings for the new Fortuner and exclusive New Legender are now open. Customers can either book the car online https://www.toyotabharat.com/online-booking/ or visit their nearest Toyota dealership.
Some of the key features are depicted through images as below
|Features (Fortuner variants only)||Image|
|Tough looking New Front Grille|
|Sculpted side-pontoon shaped bumper|
|New headlamp design with LED line-guide|
|Multi-Axis spoke Alloy wheels with Super Chrome metallic finishing|
|Superior Suction based Seat ventilation system (Front Row)|
|Premium 11 JBL Speakers includingSubwoofer (Only in 4×4 AT and MT Variants)|
|Sequential Turn Indicators|
|Dual Tone Black Roof|
|Sharp and Sleek Front grill and CatamaranStyle Front bumper|
|18” Multi-layered Machine cut finished alloys|
|Split Quad LED headlamps with waterfall LED line guide|
|Dual Tone (Black + Maroon) interior theme|
|Contrast Stitching for Steering Wheel &Console Box|
|Kick Sensor for Power Back Door|
|Wireless Smartphone Charger|
Overview of TKM:
|Company name||Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited|
|Equity participation||TMC: 89%, Kirloskar Systems Limited (Mr. Vikram S. Kirloskar): 11%|
|Number of employees||Approx. 6,500|
|Land area||Approx. 432 acres (approx.1,700,000 m2)|
|Building area||74,000 m2|
|Total Installed Production capacity||Up to 3,10,000 units|
Overview of TKM 1st Plant:
|Established||October 1997 (start of production: December 1999)|
|Products||Innova, Fortuner manufactured in India.|
Vellfire imported as CBU
|Installed Production capacity||Up to 1,00,000 units|
Overview of TKM 2nd Plant:
|Start of Production||December 2010|
|Location||On the site of Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited, Bidadi|
|Products||Toyota Yaris, Camry Hybrid|
|Installed Production capacity||Up to 2,10,000 units|