The 13th edition of Myntra’s flagship, End of Reason Sale, concluded, with Myntra selling 11 million items while catering to more than 5 million orders. The fashion carnival also witnessed 51% increase in traffic to the platform over the previous winter edition. Overall, 3.2 million shoppers participated in the event, as the company processed record-breaking over 19,000 items per minute at peak.
- 3.2 million customers shopped
- 5 million+ orders placed
- 43 million unique users visited the platform
- 3 million items delivered so far
- 54% new customer acquisition came from tier 2, tier 3 cities and beyond
- Kids, Beauty and Personal Care, and Home Decor witnessed the highest growth at over 150% YoY
Women’s Western Wear, Men’s Jeans and Streetwear, Women’s Ethnic, Men’s Casual and Sports Footwear were some of the most popular categories among shoppers, with Roadster, PUMA, HRX, H&M, MANGO and USPA among others drawing the maximum number of buyers. Overall, about 50% of shoppers were from tier 2 and 3 cities and towns.
Myntra processed more than 19000 items and 8000 orders per minute at peak and has so far already delivered 3 million items of the overall 5 million orders thanks to the extension of the kirana network to over 20,000 stores, across 27,000 pincodes.
About 48% of the overall orders catered to men consumers and 52% to women consumers, while the remainder were unisex products. Among metros, Delhi, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune top the list of contributors to the sale, while Lucknow, Patna, Jaipur, Dehradun, Ernakulam, Nashik top the list of tier 2 and 3 cities. Myntra’s kirana network will cater to 76% of the overall deliveries.
Myntra CEO Amar Nagaram said, “EORS-13 is the biggest fashion event of the year that has culminated into a massive success with customers buying 11 million items. It is extremely encouraging to witness shoppers from both metros and tier 2 and 3 cities shop with great fervour for the entire family, helping the fashion industry bounce back much stronger, reinstating optimism and hope for the coming year. This year-end event has also solidified our partnership with brands as they left no stone unturned to reinvent themselves to provide the best shopping experience to our customers.”
What did people shop during EORS 13
- Highest order value by an individual shopper- Rs 1.98 lakh
- The most expensive product sold- Oris Men Green Aquis Date Analogue Watch costing, Rs 1.67 lakh (MRP)
- Top selling kids brands- UCB, Gini & Jony, YK
- Top selling Beauty and Personal Care brands- Mamaearth, Philips, Wahl, Maybelline
- Most popular product- Libas Women Yellow White Printed Kurta set
- Masks bought per day – Over 7000 masks
- T-shirts sold per minute- 206
- Sweatshirts sold per minute- 80
- City that bought the most number of:
- T-shirts- Bengaluru
- Sweatshirts- Delhi NCR
- Jeans- Pune
This edition of EORS was also Myntra’s first big event of scale where close to 50% of the orders were shipped from Myntra’s solar power-enabled Fulfilment centres.