This is because there should be no compromises when it comes to FO cables. They are going to have to transport immense amounts of data without loss in the coming decades. It is therefore important to have verifiable manufacturing quality. The R&M cable plant in Děčín, Czech Republic, provides this proof with its 15 ISO, EN and IEC certificates and 68 performance declarations.
R&M India Technical Director Shajan George said parties that are largely new to the cable industry require advice and consulting, but more experienced companies are also facing new challenges.
“As the role of network changes due to the increased use of mobile devices, 5G, WiFi 6, Edge computing, and new application, the role of structured cabling is also changing. Making smart, future-proof decisions has become more complicated than ever,” said Shajan George
R&M standard cable range
The R&M plant offers a complete portfolio of stranded and un-stranded standard cable types and some outstanding products :
- FiRis cables for strict requirements in terms of fire behavior in accordance with CPR Cca, B2ca, EN 60332-3, EN 60331-25 and IEC 60794-1-2.
- Dry, gel-free, longitudinally watertight loose tube installation cables for efficient inner cabling, especially in the riser zone.
- Cost-effective, application-optimized drop cables for house connections for blowing into buried installation pipes or as air cables.
- Steel-armored cables to endure the toughest mechanical loads as well as protect rodent attacks glass roving in several layers of thickness and fiber-reinforced plastic rod armored cables.
- Cables specially tailored to R&M connectors and their crimping for high performance and premium applications.
Another of today’s typical needs: Projects require their own cable constructions, assemblies or completely pre-terminated cables in fit-for-purpose lengths.
This is one of the areas in which the R&M plant can put its capabilities to the test. It can cater to customer requirements and manufacture cable constructions which fit exactly. R&M is known for constant innovation. And this also applies to the cable plant.
The focus is currently on cables for specific installation methods. They will simplify installations and help to reduce installation costs. Furthermore, R&M is optimizing the blow-in and pull properties of the installation cables.
Developments to optimize fire behavior are also planned. They contribute to increasing the safety of both people and infrastructures. Currently, the range is being expanded to incorporate cable constructions based on 0.6 and 0.9 mm compact fibers.
R&M (Reichle & De-Massari AG) is a leading global producer of future-proof products and systems for communication and data networks. The company’s close collaboration with certified partners results in pioneering work in the sectors LAN, Public and Telecom Networks as well as Data Centers.
The Swiss family company stands for innovation, quality, and customer orientation. Thanks to the innovative strength of the company, R&M now covers the entire connectivity range. Visit www.rdm.com.to know more about R&M’s f future-proof products and systems for communication and data networks in Local Area Networks, Data Centers and Public Networks.