*Today’s top news: 26 Nov*
IT Services Industry Witness Fall In Demand During H1-FY21
Gartner Points Out Three Major Trends For CIOs That Will Impact Future of Work
DPIIT Moots Concept Of Open Network Digital Commerce In India
Air India Announces First Direct Flight between Bengaluru and San Francisco
Tata Going Ahead With BigBasket Acquisition; Process Likely To End by December
CARS24 Raises $200 Million In Series E Led By DST Global
Google Announces New Serverless Database Migration Service
Shell, Tata Trusts Launch SoD Framework For Rural Transformation
Magenta BI Raises Rs 60 Lacs In Seed Funding From Angel Investors
Trai Penalises Jio, Airtel, BSNL In Paytm vs Telcos Phishing Case
Unacademy Group Raises Fund From Tiger Global, Dragoneer For $2 Billion Valuation
Leddar Pixell Chosen to Make the MILLA POD Autonomous Shuttle
Glass Manufacturing Market Size To Surpass $ 180.94 Billion By 2027
ADB, Indorama Ventures Sign $100 Million Blue Loan to Boost Recycling
Yellow Class secures $1.3 Mn Funding led by India Quotient
Philips Debuts AI-enabled, Automated Radiology Workflow Suite At RSNA 2020
1. *PM Modi chaired the Pragati meeting yesterday,*. It marked Prime Minister’s thirty-third interaction through PRAGATI – the ICT based multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance.
2. *Cyclone Nivar likely to hit Tamil Nadu and Puducherry coasts between Karaikal and Mamallapuram today* . The Tamil Nadu Government has announced holiday today for thirteen districts that lie on the path of the cyclone including Chennai and its suburbs.
3. Nivar is the third name to be used from the new list of names for North Indian Ocean Cyclones, released in 2020. It was suggested by Iran. ‘Amphan’, which was proposed by Thailand, was the last name in the 2004 series. As per reports, *‘Nivar’ means light in Persian.* Nivar is all set to be the first cyclone to hit Tamil Nadu after Gaja in November 2018. It is likely to cross Tamil Nadu coast near Puducherry in the early hours of Thursday, November 26 as a ‘very severe’ cyclonic storm with wind speeds of 120-130 kmph gusting to 145 kmph.
4. *PM Modi will address the concluding session of 80th All India Presiding Officers Conference on 26 November at 12:30 PM via video conferencing.* The All India Presiding Officers Conference began in 1921. This year is also being celebrated as the centenary year of the Presiding Officers Conference. To celebrate the centenary year, the two day Conference is being held in Kevadia, Gujarat on 25-26 November. The Theme for this year’s Conference is “Harmonious Coordination between Legislature, Executive and Judiciary- Key to a Vibrant Democracy.”
5. *The All India Bank Employees’ Association (AIBEA) would be joining the one-day nationwide strike on November 26* called by central trade unions to protest against the government’s anti-labour policies. Ten central trade unions, except Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh, will observe a nationwide general strike on November 26.
6. The Reserve Bank of India has rejected Muthoot Finance’s proposal to acquire IDBI AMC. The proposal was rejected as the activity of owning an AMC is not in consonance with the activity of an operating NBFC.
7. *MHA issues new Covid guidelines; allows states to impose local night curfew, not lockdowns* :
The Union Home Ministry (MHA) on Wednesday, issued guidelines for surveillance and containment, which will remain in force till 31 December. The MHA also allowed the imposition of local restrictions – such as night curfew, but disallowed lockdown imposition without Centre’s approval.
8. *THE UTTAR Pradesh Cabinet cleared a draft ordinance to check “unlawful religious conversions” and “inter-faith marriages with the sole intention of changing a girl’s religion”, with provision for jail term of up to 10 years.* According to the “Uttar Pradesh Vidhi Virudh Dharma Samparivartan Pratishedh Adyadesh 2020” (prohibition of unlawful religious conversion), a marriage will be declared “shunya” (null and void) if the “sole intention” was to “change a girl’s religion”.
9. *The Defence Research Development Organization recently flagged off the first Varunastra, the heavy weight torpedo* . The torpedo was designed and developed by the BDL, Vishakhapatnam Unit of Indian Navy.
10. It is a ship launched electrically propelled heavyweight anti-submarine torpedo that is capable of targeting quiet submarines. It can be deployed in both shallow and deep-water environment. Varunastra is the first heavy weight torpedo of India.
11. *Govt Approves Three Joint Military Logistics Nodes As Tri-Services Gear Up For Unified Theatre Command Structures* : The first three joint logistics nods (JLNs) at Mumbai, Guwahati and Port Blair will handle the small arms ammunition, rations, FOL (fuels, oils and lubricants), general stores, civil-hired transport, aviation clothing, spares and engineering support to all the three services.
12. The formation of the theatre commands is an initiative of the Government to reform and transform the three services and boost integration. The efforts in this regard are being led by Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Bipin Rawat, who stated in a seminar last week that the integrated commands will “become operational in next two to three years”
13. *‘Delhi Crime’ web series has won the 48th International Emmy Award.* It bagged the Best Drama Series award. It is the first Indian programme to win an International Emmy.
14. *Night curfew to be imposed in Punjab as Capt announces fresh curbs from December 1* : Amid the grim Covid situation in Delhi-NCR and apprehensions of a second wave in Punjab, Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh on Wednesday ordered a series of fresh restrictions in the state, including re-imposition of night curfew in all towns and cities as well as doubling of fine for not wearing masks or following social distancing norms, with effect from December 1.
15. *Ahmed Patel, senior Congress leader and closest political advisor to Gandhi family, dies at 71* after suffering from multiple organ failure. Senior Congress leader Ahmed Patel died early Wednesday morning at a Gurgaon hospital due to COVID-19 related problems.
16. *The Covid situation in Himachal has become alarming with the hill state having the highest positivity rate of 15.3% in the country,* resulting in the health infrastructure crumbling.
17. *Cyclone Nivar: Railways cancels over dozen special trains, offers full refund* : The Railways has cancelled over a dozen special trains on November 25 and 26 scheduled to either originate from and terminate in the southern states of the country in view of the impending cyclone Nivar.
18. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *India-US extend MoU for cooperation on nuclear energy for 10 more years* India and America have issued a joint statement on 24 November, saying, “Marking the tenth year of cooperation between the United States and India at the Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership (GCNEP) and the signing of the extension, for an additional ten years, to the Memorandum of Understanding between the Government of the United States of America and the Government of the Republic of India Concerning Cooperation with the Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership, India.
2. *High Commission of India organises art exhibition in Dhaka to pay tribute to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman*
3. *The Govt of India on blocked 43 Chinese apps* . This included Alibaba Workbench, Alipay Cashier, AliExpress, etc.
4. *India has announced Phase-IV of the High Impact Community Development Projects in Afghanistan. It was announced by the External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar during the 2020 Afghanistan Conference organized in Geneva through video- conference.* The conference was co-hosted by UN, the Government of Afghanistan, and the Government of Finland.
5. *Malayalam feature Jallikattu, directed by Lijo Jose Pellissery, has been selected as India’s official entry for the International Feature Film category at the Oscars,* the Film Federation of India (FFI) announced.
6. *Indian Navy has inducted two Predator drones on lease to carry out surveillance in the Indian Ocean region and is also likely to be deployed along the LAC.*
7. *Several foreign envoys will be visiting Pune on December 4 to see India’s COVID-19 vaccine development programme* . The visit, organized by India’s Ministry of External Affairs will be a one-day visit and see them visit two institutes– the Serum institute of India and Gennova Biopharmaceuticals.
1. *Bangladesh Foreign Minister and Foreign Secretary test COVID positive* : Foreign Minister Dr. A K Abdul Momen and Foreign Secretary Masud Bin Momen both tested Corona positive when they went for COVID 19 test before leaving for Niger to attend the meeting of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).
2. *The government of Singapore has deported 15 Bangladeshis for their radical posts on the social media related to the issue of the publication of prophet Muhammad’s cartoon in a French magazine* and subsequent beheadings and response of the French President Emmanuel Macron.
3. *The International Day for Elimination of violence against women is marked by the United Nations on November 25.* The day is celebrated to create awareness that women around the world are subjected to domestic violence, rape and other forms of violence.
4. *China launched the Chang’e-5 lunar probe from the Wenchang Spacecraft Launch Site in the province of Hainan.* The probe will collect samples from the moon’s surface.
5. *Scotland becomes first country to provide free menstrual products, Netizens laud*
6. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju launched the second edition of “Fit India School Week”* program in the presence of Fit India Mission Director Ekta Vishnoi, CBSE Chairman.
2. *The men’s national hockey camp that is currently underway in SAI Bengaluru will conclude on December 12, instead of the original date of conclusion i.e. December 18* on the recommendation of the Chief coach of Men’s Senior Hockey team.
3. *Legendary footballer Diego Maradona (60) no more; 3-day national mourning declared in Argentina* He passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest on Wednesday. Argentina club Gimnasia since 2019. He fell ill on October 30, the day he turned 60, while coaching Gimnasia. Argentinian President Alberto Fernandez declared three days of national mourning.
*🥇Gold ₹50,675@10 gm 24 (Krt)*
🥈 *Silver ₹64,500@ Kg*
*Petrol ₹ 82.21*
*Diesel ₹ 72.05*
LPG ₹ *646.50 /14.2 Kg*
*🇮🇳Facts about India🇮🇳*
On 26 November 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India adopted the Constitution of India, and it came into effect on 26 January 1950.
In 2008 Mumbai attacks were a group of terrorist attacks that took place in .began on Wednesday 26 November and lasted until Saturday 29 November 2008; 172 people died. Twelve attacks by terrorists that happened at the same time across Mumbai.
Thought of the day*
Everybody’s worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there’s a really easy way: stop participating in it.
*Joke of the day*
*Pappu* and his *frnd* were driving their Maruti to the spot where they intended to place their bomb.
*Pappu* looked very worried. ”
*Frnd* , what happens if the bomb we have on the back seat blows up before we get to the site?”
“Not to worry,” replied *Pappu* , “I have a spare one in my attaché case.”
*Why 26 January declared as Republic day.*
The Constitution of India came into force on 26 January 1950. … 26 January was chosen as the Republic day because it was on this day in 1930 when Declaration of Indian Independence (Purna Swaraj) was proclaimed by the Indian National Congress as opposed to the Dominion status offered by British Regime.
*पुनः Punaḥ*: Phira se
*How it works* ⁉
*A parachute works* by forcing air into the front of it and creating a structured ‘wing’ under which the canopy pilot can fly. Parachutes are controlled by pulling down on steering lines which change the shape of the wing, cause it to turn, or to increase or decrease its rate of descent.
Parachutes are ‘semi-rigid wings’. This means that while flying, they are pretty much solid. In fact, they are so firm, skydivers are able to bump their parachutes against each other. In a discipline called CRW, or canopy relative work, they are even able to walk over the top of a canopy.If you look at a parachute from the front, you can see it is made up if either seven or nine ‘cells’. Essentially, the full parachute is a series of separate chambers – all of which catch air and work together to make the full wing. The front of each ‘cell’ is open and this is where the air enters. As the parachute is flying forward, air is rammed in thr cvough the front and caught inside the cells, giving the parachute its shape. Modern parachutes are also referred to as ‘ram air parachutes‘ for this reason.
Parachutes are packed into their containers so the cells are pointing forward. As the parachute deploys, air is allowed to rush in immediately. Slight variances in the way the parachute is packed can result in off-heading openings.
🏻♂️ *GK TODAY*
Leonardo da Vinci conceived the idea of the parachute in his writings, and the Frenchman Louis-Sebastien Lenormand fashioned a kind of parachute out of two umbrellas and jumped from a tree in 1783, but André-Jacques Garnerin was the first to design and test parachutes capable of slowing a man’s fall from a high
🛕 *VEDIK GNAN*
*नैनं छिद्रन्ति शस्त्राणि नैनं दहति पावक: ।*
*न चैनं क्लेदयन्त्यापो न शोषयति मारुत ॥*
आत्मा को न शस्त्र काट सकते हैं, न आग उसे जला सकती है। न पानी उसे भिगो सकता है, न हवा उसे सुखा सकती है।
🧬 *HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES*🩺
( *Note* : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not
*An easy and painless way to get rid of skin tags!*
*Simple product: apple cider vinegar* ! This is a product that is getting more and more popular, since it’s very effective for lots of different purposes, like getting rid of skin tags. The apple cider vinegar dries out the skin tag which eventually makes it fall off of its own.
*This is how to do it:*
Put a little bit of apple cider vinegar on a cotton wool pad and carefully rub it onto your skin tags. Repeat this a few times a day. If you add this to your daily routine, you’ll start to notice that the skin tag will change color; it will get darker. If, after a while, it has gone black, the tag will fall off quite quickly. The dark color means that the tag has dried out. Give it a try; it really does work!
PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE