*Today’s top news: 05 Nov*
Bengaluru Tech Summit 2020 Begins On Nov 19; PM Modi To Inaugurate Online Event
More Than 60% Of Indian Organisations Plan To Leverage Cloud As A Platform
Global Data Center Security Industry To Reach $12 Billion By 2027
OkCredit States Indian Small-town Retailers Going Digital To Tap Post-Covid Biz Opportunity
SBI Card Partners With Paytm To Launch Contactless Paytm SBI Card
Amazon India Inks MoU With Silk Mark Organisation of India
Mercedes-Benz Starts Local Production Of AMG In India
Jaguar Opens Bookings For First All-electric Performance SUV I-PACE
NVIDIA Launches A100 Tensor Core GPU On AWS, Marking Dawn Of Next Decade In Accelerated Cloud Computing
Mahindra’s All-New Thar Booking Crosses 20,000; Waiting Period Crosses 6 Months
1. *WB CM Mamata Banerjee govt grants land rights to 25,000 refugee families ahead of Amit Shah’s visit to West Bengal* :She said that the land deed will be without any conditions, as the announcement on this was made a year ago.
2. Scientists from Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG), Dehradun, have unearthed large concentrations of micro and moderate magnitude earthquakes in the Dharchula region and adjoining areas of the Kumaon Himalaya due to critical stress in the region and explored the geological structure behind the stress.
3. *Punjab farm protests:* Railways incur massive losses as stir agaisnt farm bills continues
4. *A BMW car (HR 51, BU 0059) hit a policeman in Sarita Vihar and crushed his leg after being chased by police in the intervening night of November 3-4.* Alcohol was recovered from within the car at the incident spot. The Delhi police registered a case under the Indian Penal Code and the Motor Vehicles Act. A probe has been launched to nab the culprit.
5. *Nizamul Khan, a popular YouTuber, has been arrested for by Noida police for allegedly murdering* his girlfriend’s brother who was against their relationship.
6. *Republic TV’s Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswami was remanded to two-week judicial custody by a court in Alibaug (Maharashtra)* on Wednesday (November 4, 2020) evening in connection with abetment to suicide case in 2018.
7. *Republic TV Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswami is in fresh trouble as an FIR has been lodged against him for ‘assaulting’ a woman police officer during his arrest on Wednesday* (November 4, 2020).
8. *Faisal Khan, the man who offered namaaz at Mathura’s Nand Baba temple, was arrested on Monday and remanded to 14 days in judicial custody has tested positive for coronavirus.*
9. *Nine killed as a Chemical godown catches fire in Ahmedabad;* PM Narendra Modi pays condolences. At least 14 persons have been pulled out of the debris so far and the rescue operation is going on.
10. *The Punjab police on Wednesday claimed to have solved the murder case of Shaurya Chakra awardee Balwinder Singh Sandhu* with the arrest of elven persons.
11. *TRP scam: Centre forms committee to review guidelines on television ratings* : The Centre on Wednesday (November 4) constituted a four-member committee, headed by Prasar Bharati CEO Shashi S Vempati, to review the guidelines on television rating agencies in India, in the wake an alleged Television Rating Points (TRP) scam. The government has asked the panel to submit its report to the Information and Broadcasting minister within two months.
12. *India on Wednesday successfully test fired the extended range of Pinaka rocket from Integrated Test Range (ITR) Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.* It successfully achieved a range beyond 45 km.
13. *The enhanced version of the Pinaka rocket would replace the existing Pinaka Mk-I rockets which are currently under production.* The rocket has been developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and was flight tested on November
14. *The Indian Air Force’s (IAF) firepower, India on Wednesday received the second batch of three Rafale combat aircraft* . The three Rafale jets landed in Jamnagar, Gujarat after flying non-stop from France.
15. Talks with China to reduce friction in the sensitive eastern Ladakh theatre may resume soon, with the eighth round of military dialogue between the Indian Army and the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) expected to take place this week
16. As the coronavirus cases are slowly decreasing in the country, *several states have allowed the reopening of educational institutes but Karnataka government is still finding it tough to take a final call on reopening of schools, colleges from November 17.*
17. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *Proposed Vande Bharat Mission flight from Delhi to Wuhan in China scheduled for 6th Nov has been postponed* due to lack of required clearances from Chinese authorities.
2. *Memorandum of Understanding signed between India and Spain* . The MoU will facilitate scientific and technical collaborations between the countries in the field of Astronomy.
3. *India and the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) Troika held annual Political Dialogue in virtual mode.* External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar attended the dialogue. The GCC comprises Arab states of the Persian Gulf – Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.
4. *Pakistan snatches full control of Gurdwara Darbar Sahib at Kartarpur from nation’s top Sikh body* : Imran Khan-led Pakistan government has stooped further in its bid to act against the minorities in the country and this time it has taken away yet another right of the Sikh community. In a first, Pakistan has snatched away the management of any Gurdwara from the Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (PSGPC). The 4-km long corridor links Dera Baba Nanak shrine in Gurdaspur in India to Gurdwara Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan – the final resting place of Sikh faith’s founder Guru Nanak Dev.
5. *India on Wednesday reiterated its support for Europe and the international community against terrorism and blasted Pakistan* for clear collusion in fostering a level of radicalism and rabble-rousing.
6. *India and Nepal have increased engagement even as Indian Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane reached Kathmandu on a three-day visit* and India’s envoy to Nepal Vinay Mohan Kwatra met Nepal’s new Foreign Secretary Bharat Raj Poudyal.
7. *During the visit, General MM Naravane will be conferred the rank of an honorary General of the Nepali Army by the President of Nepal Bidhya Devi Bhandari* In 2019, President Ram Nath Kovind had conferred honorary General of Indian Army on Nepal Army Chief Purna Chandra Thapa.
8. *A banned pro-Khalistan outfit has threatened to disrupt two Air India flights scheduled to leave for London on November 5,* Delhi Police said on Wednesday. The security has been beefed at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport in Delhi after the threat call by Sikhs for Justice (SFJ). A meeting was also held with officials of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Air India and Delhi International Airport Limited to discuss the massive security arrangements put in place.
1. *The Bangladesh and US navies launched the ‘Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT) Bangladesh 2020’ on Wednesday to expand relationships* and broaden maritime awareness between the two countries.
2. Super typhoon Goni brought intense rains and caused heavy flooding in several provinces in the southern part of the Philippines’ main island of Luzon.
3. The Commander in Chief of the Defense Services of Myanmar Senior General Min Aung Hlaing has accused the civilian government of the country of making ‘unacceptable mistakes’ in the preparation for the elections scheduled for November 8.
4. *The first nuclear power plant in Belarus began operating* . The Astravyets nuclear power plant was built by Russia. It is located 40 km south of the Lithuanian capital of Vilnius. The Nuclear Power plant has been connected to Belarus’ power grid.
5. 2020 US election results
Joe Biden 264
*270 to win*
The 2020 United States presidential election was the 59th quadrennial presidential election, held on Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Voters select presidential electors who in turn will vote on December 14, 2020, to either elect a new president and vice president or reelect the incumbents Donald Trump and Mike Pence, respectively.
6. *The Governing Council of Inter Parliamentary Union (IPU) was organised its 206th session in a virtual mode between November 1 and November 4.* On November 3, 2020, Duarte Pacheco of Portugal was elected the new President of IPU. He has been elected for the period 2020-2023.
7. *Coronavirus Cases:*
1. *Thursday, 5th November IPL 2020*
19:30 IST (14:00 GMT), 18:00 LOCAL
Qualifier 1 Dubai International Cricket Stadium,
2. In the first match of this season’s *Women’s T20 Challenge,* Mithali Raj’s Velocity pipped Supernovas by 5 wickets in a low-scoring thriller on Wednesday (November 4) at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium
3. SUPERNOVA *126/8*
(19.5/20 ov, target 127)
*Velocity won by 5 wickets*
4. *2nd Match, Sharjah, Nov 5 2020, Women’s T20 Challenge*
5. *The Sports Authority of India has received several complaints from grassroot -level athletes* from across the country that an advertisement has been posted on social media platforms inviting applications to participate in the Khelo India Games scheduled in Panchkula in Haryana in 2021. SAI lodges FIR with UP police
*Facts about India🇮🇳*
Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has accomplished a major victory by constructing world’s highest motorable road in Ladakh, India. The road passes via Umlingla Top at an elevation of about 19,300 ft.
*Thought of the day*
Life is very short, so break your silly egos, forgive quickly, believe slowly, love truly, lough loudly and never avoid anything that makes you smile.
*Joke of the day*
शादी में एक आदमी बहुत देर से खाना खा रहा था…
किसी ने पूछा – कितना खाओगे…?
आदमी बोला – मैं भी खाते-खाते परेशान हो गया हूं,
लेकिन क्या करूं… कार्ड में लिखा है कि
खाना खाने का समय 7 से 10 बजे तक…!!!
*Why Earth is called Jagat in Sanskrit*
Jagat (Globe ): Ancient Indians discovered Globe as Jagat (Jis Ki Gati Ho), meaning which moves. According to them the earth is not stationery but moves.Thus, it is named as Jagat.
godhūma-cūrṇa *wheat flour*
*How it works* ⁉
*Carbon monoxide is produced* from the partial oxidation of carbon-containing compounds; it forms when there is not enough oxygen to produce carbon dioxide (CO2), such as when operating a stove or an internal combustion engine in an enclosed space.
🏻♂️ *GK TODAY*
The smallest planet in our solar system is Mercury and the largest planet is Jupiter.
🛕 *VEDIK GNAN*
*Why is Vishnu called Padmanabha?*
Sri Adishankaracharya in his commentary on Sri Vishnu Sahasranama. सर्वजगतकारणं पद्मं नाभौ यस्य स पद्मनाभ: – The Lotus from which the entire Universe was created, grows out of the navel of Bhagavan. Hence, Bhagavan is called “Padmanabha”. … Hence he is called “Padmanabha”.
🧬 *HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES*🩺
( *Note* : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🏻)
*Kaju* has good fats, which are recommended for a healthy body. The fat present in cashew nuts are responsible for growth of good cholesterol and reduction of the bad cholesterol. Kaju gives a lot of energy and also keeps you satiated for a long time
*PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE*