Rolls-out the AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé for the Indian market
The Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé builds on the success of the GLC SUV
First-ever locally produced AMG performance vehicle in India
- Mercedes-Benz’ Indian manufacturing plant in Pune expands its local production portfolio with the addition of the AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé
- Mercedes-Benz India is a forerunner among the brand’s assembly plants with its production facility in Pune
- Mercedes-Benz now locally manufactures 11 models in India
- Mercedes-Benz offers the most comprehensive SUV portfolio in the luxury car segment with 8 SUVs and SUV Coupés
- Expansive GLC range: GLC is now available in 200, 220 d, GLC 300 Coupé, 300 d Coupé & AMG 43 Coupé variants
- STAR EASE service packages for the new GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé starts @ 85,000 for 2 years/unlimited kilometers
- The new Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé is priced at INR 76.70 lakhs (all prices are ex-showroom, India)
Mumbai, NFAPost: India’s largest luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz achieved yet another significant milestone of commencing the local production of the first-ever AMG vehicle in India- the AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé. With this Mercedes-Benz India will be producing the New Generation cars (NGC), the sedans, the SUVs and now the AMG performance cars in one facility.
Mercedes-Benz India’s production facility in Pune has an installed capacity of 20,000 units annually, largest for any luxury carmaker in India. The first ever ‘Made in India’ AMG, an AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé, was driven out of the assembly lines by Mercedes-Benz India Managing Director & CEO Martin Schwenk and Mercedes-Benz India Executive Director Operations Piyush Arora.
Commenting on the achievement, Mercedes-Benz India Managing Director & CEO Martin Schwenk said rolling out the first-ever locally manufactured AMG from India’s largest installed luxury car production facility is an important achievement for us.
“This reiterates our strong commitment for the Indian market and our continuous effort towards creating value for our customers. We are confident that the local production of the AMG will further increase the popularity of the performance brand in India and cater to the increasing demand of performance motoring enthusiasts. The local production of AMG gives us a competitive edge in the dynamic Indian luxury car market,” said Mercedes-Benz India Managing Director & CEO Martin Schwenk.
Expressing happiness over the achievement, Mercedes-Benz India Executive Director Operations Piyush Arora commented that with the rollout of the ‘Made in India’ AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé, Mercedes-Benz India reiterates its commitment to the Indian customers of offering significant local value addition to world-class products in the shortest possible time.
“Mercedes-Benz India’s production facility is the backbone of our growth narrative in India. A very high level of refinement and implementation of advanced technology and flexible processes ensures Mercedes-Benz’s production quality conforms to the most stringent global standards, and creates a new benchmark in manufacturing for the luxury car industry in India. We are extremely proud to manufacture Mercedes-Benz, Mercedes-Maybach and now Mercedes-AMG products, all in our state-of-art manufacturing facility,” said Mercedes-Benz India Managing Director & CEO Martin Schwenk.
Key product highlights:
- AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé combines the elegance of a coupé with dynamics of a sports car and versatility of the Mercedes-Benz GLC
- The 3.0-litre V6 biturbo engine now produces 390 hp (287 kW), 23 hp (17 kW) more than previous model
- The GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé come with a choice of five drive programs: “Slippery”, “Comfort”, “Sport”, “Sport+” and “Individual”
- Responsive AMG SPEEDSHIFT TCT 9G transmission, the rear-biased AMG Performance 4MATIC (31:69) all-wheel drive system and the AMG Ride Control + suspension enhances driving experience, as well as the car’s agility
- The AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé is equipped with Mercedes me connect that offers multiple convenient connect features like remote lock/unlock, car locator, speed monitor, emergency e-Call which are accessible from the customer’s smart phone/tablet
- Features swanky new generation telematics, Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX with NTG 6.0) | Capable of ‘Over the Air’ updates
- MBUX: The most intuitive in-car virtual assistant and infotainment system based on AI and ML in the luxury car segment; takes the ‘always on’ experience to a whole new level
- Burmester Surround Sound System | Digital Instrument Cluster 12.3-inch | AMG Performance Exhaust Selectable
Technical specifications of the Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé
|Engine||3.0-litre V6 with direct injection and biturbo charging|
|Output||390 hp (287 kW) at 5500-6000 rpm|
|Peak torque||520 Nm at 2500-4500 rpm|
|Drive system||AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive with AMG-specific power distribution|
|Transmission||AMG SPEEDSHIFT TCT 9G|
|Acceleration 0-100 km/h||4.9 s|
|Top speed||250 km/h|
Five drive programs and AMG Dynamics
The GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé comes with a choice of five drive programs: “Slippery”, “Comfort”, “Sport”, “Sport+” and “Individual”. Using these allows the characteristics of the vehicle to be individualized even further. The programs modify key parameters, such as the response of the engine, transmission, suspension and steering and are now linked to the AMG DYNAMICS agility control system, which means that the handling characteristics can be set to meet various requirements and driving conditions with even more differentiation.
The standard-specification AMG Performance 4MATIC four-wheel drive features rear-biased torque distribution with a front/rear axle split of 31 to 69 percent. This configuration provides for enhanced driving dynamics and higher lateral acceleration on the road as well as improved traction when accelerating.
AMG RIDE CONTROL+ suspension
AMG RIDE CONTROL+ combines the advantages of various types of suspension in one. It is based on the AIR BODY CONTROL air suspension with AMG-specific Adaptive Damping System (ADS PLUS), thereby ensuring both sporty driving dynamics and the comfort on long journeys that is such a hallmark of the brand. The adaptive damping adjustment AMG RIDE CONTROL+ comes as standard, is fully automatic, electronically controlled system that adjusts the damping at each wheel to the current requirements.
When it comes to safety, the new GLC 43 Coupé is equally well equipped:
Active braking assist | Active Bonnet | Mercedes me connect with 24X7 emergency services | PRE-SAFE with 7 airbags
Taking ahead our production prowess since the last 2 decades, AMG localization has now become an added accomplishment and a proud moment for Mercedes-Benz India. The AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupé is just not another variant, it adds up to various complexities in production, which we successfully cater to, through our flexible & advanced production systems.
One of the key elements, to achieve this flexibility is digitization and to adapt to this we have implemented state-of-art technologically advanced systems across the value chain, right through the finished car production to ensure stringent quality environment. The use of digitally connected technologies right from trim & mechanical assembly, to various stages of vehicle testing and live synthesis of data, are in line with our ideology of Industry 4.0 & MO360.
Complete transparency for maximum efficiency in complex vehicle production: this is what the Mercedes-Benz Cars Operation 360 (MO360), the new digital ecosystem from Mercedes-Benz Cars Operations (MO), is all about. MO360 enables the use of cutting-edge big data analytics and to implement artificial intelligence methods in production.
Mercedes-Benz India, which celebrated its 25th anniversary in India in 2019, pioneered the luxury car market in the country. Set up in 2009, Mercedes-Benz India’s world-class production facility is spread over 100 acres in Chakan near Pune.
Since June 2015, Mercedes-Benz India also commenced production from its new expanded production facility located in the same premises. Mercedes-Benz India is part of Mercedes-Benz’s Global Production Network and plays an important role in the CKD/MVP production network in Brazil, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. At these locations, MercedesBenz produces vehicles in various extension levels for domestic markets.
The production facility carries an investment of more than INR 2,200 crores and has the largest installed production capacity for any luxury carmaker in India. Mercedes- Benz India also has the largest network spread amongst any luxury carmaker, with presence in 48 Indian cities with close to 100 outlets.
Through the exclusive AMG Performance Centers located in six cities including New Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kochi, and Pune, the AMG performance sub-brand of Mercedes-Benz also boasts of a strong retail network presence in the country. October 2019 also marked the introduction of Mercedes me connect and e-Commerce platform, the new digital initiatives for the best customers experience in India.
Mercedes-Benz India now boast of the entire portfolio having ‘connected cars’. Mercedes-Benz India product portfolio comprises the locally produced Mercedes Maybach S 560, SClass, E-Class Long Wheelbase, CLA, C-Class and the GLA, GLC, GLC Coupé, long wheelbase GLE G350d and GLS luxury SUVs. Completely Built imported cars portfolio includes the V-Class, CLS, CClass Cabriolet, the G 350d, the EQC and the exciting AMG range. ‘Restless for Tomorrow’ is Mercedes-Benz India’s mantra for 2020.