Today’s top news: 20 Oct
AWS Join Hands With NITI Aayog To Set Up Cloud Innovation Centre in India
AT&T, Nokia Drive Industry 4.0 With Private Networks Enabled By CBRS
L&T Technology Services Net profit Falls 19.5% To Rs 165.5 crore In Q2 FY2021
DoT Takes Stringent Measures To End Illegal Network Boosters In Delhi
Paytm Launches India’s Next-generation Credit Cards To Democratise Payment
1. Bihar Polls: October 19 is the last date for withdrawal of candidature for the second phase of assembly elections in 94 constituencies. For the polling to be held on 3rd November,in this phase, 1514 nomination papers have been found valid in scrutiny.
2. Govt seals Kashmir Times office in Srinagar : moving the Supreme Court against media restrictions in Jammu and Kashmir after the Centre abrogated Article 370 in August last year. The newspaper owners claimed that no notice of cancellation or eviction was served on them and “nothing in writing” was given to them
3. Hathras case The Central Bureau of Investigation on Monday questioned all the four accused lodged in Aligarh prison for alleged involvement in the rape and murder of a 19-year old Dalit woman in a village in Uttar Pradesh’s Hathras.
4. Lok Janshakti Party chief Chirag Paswan on Monday voiced strong displeasure over the use of term ‘vote katua’ for his party by some Bharatiya Janata Party leaders to keep Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar happy, and asserted his party will win more seats in the Bihar assembly polls than the Janata Dal-United.
5. A Delhi court has directed the Tihar Jail authorities to provide adequate safety and security to former Jawaharlal Nehru University student leader Umar Khalid, arrested under the stringent anti-terror law Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, in prison. He has been arrested under the anti-terror law in connection with the communal violence in north east Delhi in February.
6. Punjab Assembly session: The Opposition parties yesterday slammed the Punjab government for not tabling legislation to counter the Centre’s farm laws on the first day of the special assembly session , which was adjourned till Tuesday.
7. BJP national president JP Nadda on Monday asserted that the execution of the Citizenship (Amendment) Act (CAA) has been delayed due to the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic and asserted that the law will be implemented soon. He added that all will get benefits of the CAA, assuring the commitment of the government.
8. Delhi Environment Minister Gopal Rai on Monday said implementing the odd-even road rationing scheme would be the “last weapon” to fight air pollution in the city and presently the government is focusing on the “Red Light On, Gaadi off” campaign.
9. Days after the violent clashes at the Assam and Mizoram border , Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on Monday thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his assurance to solve the matter. Seven people were injured after clashes broke out between two groups of people from Assam and Mizoram near the border areas.
10. Union Minister of Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Monday (October 19, 2020) said that the Haj 2021 will depend on the national-international COVID-19 guidelines. Naqvi said that the Haj Committee of India and other Indian agencies will formally announce the Haj 2021 application process and other related preparations after a decision is taken by the Saudi Arabia Government.
11. PM Modi will deliver the virtual keynote address at the inaugural function of Grand Challenges Annual Meeting (GCAM) 2020 today. The GCAM 2020 will bring together policymakers and scientific leaders, calling for deepened scientific collaborations in solving global health problems, with great emphasis on COVID-19 with an “India for the World” framing.
12. Former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah has been called for questioning at the Enforcement Directorate (ED) office in Srinagar on Monday in connection with alleged misappropriation of Rs 43 crore when he was chairman of J&K Cricket Association.
13. The Calcutta High Court on Monday ordered that all Durga Puja pandals across the state be declared no-entry zones to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For small pandals, barricades will have to be put up five metres from the entrance, while for the bigger ones, the distance has to be 10 metres, the court ordered.
14. The CBI has booked BSP MLA Vinay Shankar Tiwari and his wife Rita Tiwari in connection with an alleged bank fraud to the tune of Rs 754.25 crore involving a company . The CBI on Monday started a search operation at the residence of Chillupar (Gorakhpur) MLA Tiwari, who is son of former minister Gorakhpur, Hari Shankar Tiwari.
15.T he Bombay high court on Monday said if the Mumbai police crime branch proposes to arraign Republic TV Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswami in the television rating points (TRP) case, it should first issue summons to him as was done for eight others in the case.
16. PM Modi addressed the Centenary Convocation 2020 of the University of Mysore on Monday via video conferencing. The Governor of Karnataka, along with other dignitaries of the University, were present on the occasion.
17. Tamil film star Vijay Sethupathi’s film ‘800’ was unveiled, the actor on Monday (October 19, 2020) dropped out of the biopic based on the Sri Lankan cricketer Muthiah Muralitharan amid pressure from politicians and fringe elements in Tamil Nadu
18. India successfully test fired the Stand-Off Anti-Tank Missile called SANT . It was developed by the Defence Research and Development Organization for the Indian Air Force. The missile was test fired at the Chandipur test range.
19. Indian Army Chief General MM Naravane on Monday visited the Ambala-based Kharga Corps and reviewed its security and operational preparedness. The Chief of Army Staff also visited the Ambala Air Force base and lauded the synergy amongst the two forces.
20. Naval version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile test-fired from INS Chennai in the Arabian Sea
21. Coronavirus Cases :
1. India, US likely to sign BECA deal for closer defence ties : Seeking to build close ties amid an ongoing conflict with China, India and the United States are expected to sign the Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement (BECA) for geospatial cooperation during the 2+2 dialogue between the defence and foreign ministers of the two countries to be held on October 26-27 in New Delhi.
2. Indian Navy–Sri Lanka Navy maritime exercise SLINEX-20 to be held off Trincomalee on Oct 19-21 : SLINEX-20 aims to enhance inter-operability, improve mutual understanding and exchange best practices and procedures for multi-faceted maritime operations between both navies.
3. China acknowledges ‘PLA soldier crossed LAC’, appeals to India for his speedy release A few hours after the Indian Army apprehended a Chinese soldier, the People’s Liberation Army’s Western Theater confirmed that he had inadvertently crossed the LAC.
4. New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern’s new cabinet includes a Himachal-origin parliamentarian :
According to New Zealand’s Labour Party, Gaurav Sharma has previously been involved in public health, policy and consulting in several countries.
5. A 33-year-old Indian-origin man was elected as a member of parliament (MP) in New Zealand on October 17. Gaurav Sharma, who is a doctor working as a General Practitioner in Nawton, Hamilton, belongs to Hamirpur district in Himachal Pradesh. He immigrated to New Zealand around 20 years ago and has now won the election from Hamilton West electorate as a Labour Party candidate.
6. India scrambles to buy winter gear from US amid row with China : The Indian Army used an agreement which allows the two militaries to take logistical assistance from each other such as buying fuel and spare parts for warships and aircraft, for the transaction, The Logistics Exchange Memorandum Agreement signed in August 2016 aims to promote interoperability between the two militaries.
7. The proposed visit of Indian Army chief General MM Naravane next month to Nepal had actually been cleared in February this year, but Covid came in the way, sources in the Nepalese government told. General Naravane’s visit — which is expected to take place sometime after Diwali — spokesperson of Nepali Army, Brigadier General Shantosh Ballave Poudyal told
8. India on Monday announced that Australia will join the upcoming Malabar exercise which effectively means that all the four member countries of the ‘Quad’ or Quadrilateral coalition will be participating in the mega drill
1. China’s Gross domestic product (GDP) grew 4.9% in third quarter, as per official data released by Chinese National Bureau of Statistics on Monday. Experts believe that China has shown some signs of recovery from a record slump caused by COVID-19 in the first months of the year 2020 but it is less than expected.
2. Armenia and Azerbaijan accused each other on Sunday of violating a new humanitarian ceasefire in fighting over the mountain enclave of Nagorno-Karabakh, hours after it was agreed . The truce agreed on Saturday came into force at midnight (2000 GMT) after a week-old Russian-brokered ceasefire failed to halt the worst fighting in the South Caucasus since the 1990s. At least 750 people have been killed since fighting began on Sept. 27.
3. Amid US-China trade tensions, China has said that it welcomes U.S. companies to actively participate in its market and will strive to create a fair and just environment
4. UNICEF has begun laying the groundwork for the rapid, safe and efficient delivery of the eventual vaccine by purchasing and pre-positioning syringes and other necessary equipment
5. Coronavirus Cases:
ACTIVE CASES 9,142,592
1. IPL MATCH :
Kings XI Punjab
07:30 PM. 38th Match (N), Dubai (DSC),
Oct 20 2020, Indian Premier League
2. CSK 125/5
RR – 126/3
(17.3/20 ov, target 126)
Royals won by 7 wickets
USD 73.36 💷GBP 95.29
🥇Gold ₹50,200@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹66,410@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 77.31
⛽ Diesel ₹ 67.96
LPG : 660/14.2 kg
🇮🇳Facts about India🇮🇳
Itanagar is the capital of Arunachal Pradesh. Its name is borrowed from Assamese ইটানগৰ (itanogor). ইটা (ita, “brick”) + নগৰ (nogor, “city”)
😀Thought of the day
Always think and care about present. Never waste present thinking about the lost opportunity in the past.
Joke of the day
लड़की : Activa क्यों ले रहे हो ? कोई स्टाइलिश सी bike लो ना
लड़का : वो क्या है ना नमकीन, पऊआ, सोडा लाने के लिए बाइक में डिक्की नहीं ना होती। तू ये सब पकड़ कर बैठेगी ?
लड़की : Activa ले लो मैं भी चला लूंगी! 😂😂😂
why do stars twinkle ⭐
The movement of air (sometimes called turbulence) in the atmosphere of Earth causes the starlight to get slightly bent as it travels from the distant star through the atmosphere down to us on the ground. … To our eyes, this makes the star seem to twinkle.
what is your name ‘ bhavataha naama kim? (भवतः नाम किम्)
🤔 How it works ⁉
The Science of How Trains Turn Without Falling Off the Tracks
Have you ever thought about how trains stay on the tracks when they round corners? Trains typically have wheels that are connected together by a fixed axle, meaning that the wheels on both sides of the train always turn at the same speed. This can present problems when turning, because one wheel has to cover more distance than the other.
The wheel bevels are specifically designed so that when the train goes around a corner it stays on the tracks. The wheels that have to travel a greater distance have a greater diameter, and everything stays aligned. The end result is a train that stays on the tracks.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
The first ever electric train in India ran on February 3, 1925, between Bombay VT and Kurla Harbour. The train was electrified on 1500 Volt DC
🛕 VEDIK GNAN
(This should done only by male)
Eight specific parts of the body should touch the floor:
Panchanga pranam should be perform by women only. specific Five parts of the body should are:
Why it is must do it?
All of our karmas are performed through mind, body, or speech, and every karma in life should be offered to God.
🧬 HEALTH CARE:4 re HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Cardamom Elaichib of my 4 has been used for thousands of years to help with digestion.The use of cardamom to treat bad breath and improve oral health is an ancient remedy.
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOURT FAMILY SAFE🌼
Compiled by Team NFAPost