🙏 NFA Post Shuboudhay🙏
Today’s top news:17 Oct
Time Is Ideal For Indian IT Experts To Explore, Experiment & Conquer: Mohandas Pai
Paytm Mall to start its eight-day long ‘Maha Shopping Festival’ on October 16
Luxury All-rounder Audi Q2 arrives in India
Dukaan Raises Seed Round Of $6 Million From Lightspeed And Matrix
1. The rescue and evacuation operation by National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) in flood hit cities of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Maharashtra continues as water logging took place in many of the areas due to heavy rainfall.
2. Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation stones for 16 National Highways projects with a total length of 1411 kms worth Rs 15,592 crore in Andhra Pradesh.
3. Culture Ministry issues guidelines for holding cultural events/activities in Virtual / Online mode : The Covid outbreak has had a substantial impact on the Performing Arts & Cultural sector with in-person exhibitions, events, and performances either cancelled or postponed.
4.After the alleged gang rape and death of a 19-year-old woman in Hathras woman, another girl has been allegedly raped and strangulated at a village in Barabanki district of Uttar Pradesh. The girl, who was found dead in an agricultural field,
5. Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurates operations of first phase of IIAV (International Institute of Advanced Virology) at Thonakkal, Thiruvananthapuram
6. Shaurya Chakra awardee Balwinder Singh Sandhu (62 yrs) who fought terrorism in Punjab was shot dead by unknown assailants in Tarn Taran district on Friday, months after the government withdrew his security cover.
7. Charge sheet filed by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) against fugitive economic offender Sanjay Bhandari. The ED had filed a prosecution complaint (i.e. charge sheet) under section 44 and 45 of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 (PMLA) against Bhandari and his co-conspirators. Sources report that Congress President Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra has been named in the charge sheet. The court has asked ED to expedite Bhandari’s extradition process from UK.
8. OTP for delivery of LPG cylinders, companies roll out new rules from November 1 : The new process of home delivery of LPG cylinders is expected to prevent theft and help in better identification of customers. The new delivery system will be first implemented in 100 smart cities across the country.
9. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari launches blasting process for 14.15 km Zojila tunnel construction work; will provide all-weather connectivity between Srinagar, Dras, Kargil and Leh.
10. BARC (Broadcast Audience Research Council) suspends ratings of TV news channels for 3 months amid TRP controversy.
11. A court in Mathura has agreed to hear a plea seeking removal of a 17th-century mosque, located next to Sri Krishna Janmabhoomi Temple in the city. The court has issued notice to all stakeholders, including the Shahi Idgah Mosque trust and Sunni Waqf Board to appear in the court on November 18.
12. Dawood Ibrahim’s 7 Maharashtra properties to be auctioned on Nov 10 under the Smugglers and Foreign Exchange Manipulators (Forfeiture of Property) Act (SAFEMA) : Underworld don and globally designated terrorist Dawood Ibrahim is also the prime accused in the 1993 serial blasts that killed over 150 people in the then Bombay.
13. The Indian Meteorological Department has predicted heavy rains in parts of Gujarat between October 17 and October 20 . The fishermen have been asked not to venture out in the sea.The fishermen have been asked not to venture out to the sea.
14. Fact Check: Viral clip of traffic signal floating in floodwater is not from Hyderabad : A video of a traffic signal post getting swept away in floodwater is circulating on social media with the claim that this is a scene from Hyderabad after heavy downpour. However, the viral video is two years old and from Yulin city of China.
15. NEET result 2020 declared, Odisha’s Soyeb Aftab and Delhi’s Akanksha Singh attain perfect score : In a first, two candidates attained full marks in medical entrance exam NEET, results of which were declared on Friday night, according to National Testing Agency (NTA) officials. Odisha’s Soyeb Aftab and Delhi’s Akanksha Singh have scored 720 out of 720 marks but Aftab has been ranked first and Singh second as per the NTA’s tie-breaking policy, The results were announced at 5 pm at the NEET official websites and the candidates can visit websites–ntaneet.nic.in or at mcc.nic.in to check their marks.
16. What is NEET tie-breaker : If two or more candidates secure the same marks in NEET exam, the candidate obtaining the higher marks in Biology (Botany and Zoology) will be given preference in the ranking. If the tie still exists after calculating Biology marks, preference will be given to candidates who attained higher marks in Chemistry. In the next step, candidates with lesser wrong answers in all the NEET subjects will be given an advantage. However, if the tie still remains, the NEET aspirant older in age will be preferred.
17. Sandalwood drug scandal: Bengaluru Police search Vivek Oberoi’s house in Mumbai : Continuing with the investigation into `Sandalwood Drug Connect’, where two leading heroins of Kannada film industry are already behind bars, Bengaluru CCB sleuths on Thursday searched the house of Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi, whose brother-in-law Aditya Alva is one of the accused.
18. The Raksha Mantri Trophy for the Best and Second Best Command Hospitals of the Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) for the year 2019 were presented by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh to Command Hospital (Air Force) Bengaluru and Command Hospital (Eastern Command) Kolkata were judged as the Best and Second Best Command Hospital for the year 2019 respectively.
19. The Raksha Mantri Trophy was instituted in 1989 to recognize excellence in healthcare services provided by Command Hospitals of the AFMS and to foster a spirit of healthy competition among them.
20. An over-ground associate of a militant in Jammu and Kashmir surrendered before the security forces following a brief encounter in Chadoora area of Budgam district in Kashmir on Friday . The surrendered youth was missing for the past two days. A short video shared by the Indian Army on Twitter, the man’s father is seen thanking the soldiers for bringing his son back alive. He then hugs his son and assures the troops that he won’t be misguided by militants again.
21. India successfully test-fired the over 250 km strike range Prithvi-II ballistic missile off the coast of Balasore in Odisha. The missile, developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), is already the part of the Strategic Forces Command
22. Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad tests COVID-19 positive , in home quarantine
23. Coronavirus Cases: 7,420,668
1. India is to transfer the Indian Naval Ship Sindhuvir to the Myanmar Navy in the near future. The INS Sindhuvir is a Kilo-Class Submarine. With this, Myanmar is to get its first submarine.
2. India is to transfer the INS in accordance to SAGAR Policy. SAGAR is Security and Growth for All in the Region. Alongside, India will also supply artillery guns, tanks, bullet-proof jackets to the Myanmar military.
3. India, Thailand and Myanmar are building The Asian Trilateral Highway. Also, India is building the Kaladan Multinodal Transit and Transport project that has been delayed in the last couple of years. This will connect India with the ASEAN countries. India and Myanmar hold IMBAX, bilateral army exercise to build and promote closer relations among the armies.
4. Indian Army Chief General MM Narwane will visit Nepal next month (November). It is being told that he will be confered the honorary rank of general of the Nepali Army . As is the tradition of both countries. This is the first important visit from India after the release of a new map of Nepal’s Lipulekh-Kalapani. Actually, this honor was started from the year 1950. India has also been continuously honoring the Nepal Army Chief. He told that he will meet the Army Chief General Purna Chandra Thapa in this tour.
5. Amid tensions on the LAC, govt has once again given a commercial blow to China. The government has banned the import of Chinese air conditioners (AC) that come with refrigerants with a view to boost domestic production.
6. India has made an urgent purchase of additional high-altitude winter clothing from US keeping in mind the needs of the enhanced troop deployment in Ladakh in peak winter amid the military tussle with China.
7. India’s federal counter-terrorist force NSG has trained a select group of personnel who protect the Sri Lankan Prime Minister , on the occasion of the force’s 36th Raising Day, NSG director general (additional charge) SS Deswal, the chief of the commando force said.
1. Bangladesh to hold Durga Puja in 30,225 mandaps : This year the number of mandaps has declined by 1173 due to the Corona pandemic. Last year Puja was organised across 31,398 mandaps across the country. In Dhaka alone, 233 Puja mandaps
2. Kyrgyzstan President Sooronbay Jeenbekov has resigned after days of protests over a disputed parliamentary election , saying he wants to prevent clashes and bloodshed.
3. Turkey clears way to test Russian S-400 missile defence system this week : Turkey has issued notices restricting air space and waters off its Black Sea coast to allow firing tests apparently on Friday involving its Russian-made S-400 missile defence units, a week after they were transported to the area.
4. The Russian Authorities have approved a new COVID-19 vaccine called “EpicVacCorona”. It is a two shot vaccine. EpiVacCorona is a peptide-based vaccine. Sputnik V was the first vaccine developed by Russia. Russia is to conduct the vaccine trial of EpicVacCorona on 40,000 volunteers.
5. While Turkey already tested the surface-to-air weapons last year, further exercises could stoke tensions with NATO ally the United States, which sharply opposed the purchase from Moscow on grounds the S-400s compromise NATO defence systems.
6. British PM asks businesses to prepare for no post-Brexit free trade agreement with EU : UK PM Boris Johnson said in a statement that the EU is looking to establish a post-Brexit free trade agreement with Britain like the one it has with Australia and not similar to the one it shares with Canada.
6 Coronavirus Cases:
1. IPL 2020 . Friday, 16th October 2020
MUMBAI INDIANS – 149/2 (16.5 overs)
KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS – 148/5 (20 over)
MI Won by 8 wickets.
2. MATCHES ON Saturday, 17th October 2020
ROYAL CHALLENGERS BANGALORE
15:30 IST (10:00 GMT), 14:00 LOCAL
Match 33 Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai
CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
19:30 IST (14:00 GMT), 18:00 LOCAL
Match 34 Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
3. Denmark Open Badminton Championship: Kidambi Srikanth storms into quarterfinals with a straight-game win over Jason Anthony Ho-Shue, at Odense.
Srikanth, a former world number one and currently ranked 14th, will next face the winner of the other second round match between second seed Tien Chen Chou of Chinese Taipei and Ireland’s Nhat Nguyen. Back in action after a seven-month long coronavirus-forced break, the fifth seed Indian took 33 minutes to get the better of his Canadian opponent 21-15 21-14 in the men’s singles second round match of the Super 750 tournament, the only event happening this year in Badminton World Federation’s calendar.
4. London 2012 Olympic medallist Gagan Narang’s pistols and rifles worth Rs 1.3 crore wrecked in Hyderabad floods : Olympic bronze-medallist Gagan Narang runs an academy at the Tirumalgiri area in Secunderabad and had plans of starting another centre in Gachibowli on November 1.Narang had bought pistols and rifles from Germany for his academy ‘Gun for Glory’ worth Rs 1.30 crores. On Thursday, all the equipment were submerged under 8 feet of water.
USD 73.44 💷GBP 94.91
🥇Gold ₹51,150@10 gm 24 (Krt)
🥈 Silver ₹61,600@ Kg
⛽ Petrol ₹ 78.56
⛽ Diesel ₹ 76.01
🇮🇳Facts about India🇮🇳
Surat is a large city beside the Tapi River in the west Indian state of Gujarat. Once known for silk weaving, Surat remains a commercial center for textiles, and the New Textile Market area is lined with fabric shops. Overlooking the river, Surat Castle was built in the 1500s to defend the city against Portuguese colonists.
😀Thought of the day
If you cannot find the right words for the certain situation just give a smile. Words may confuse but a smile always convinces.
Joke of the day
शराबी चाहे कितना भी अनपढ क्यों न हो,
Quarter के तीन पेग ऐसे बनाता है,
जैसे किसी प्रयोगशाला का बहुत बडा Scientist हो!!
why we don’t find our tea or coffee sweet once we have it after eating something relatively sweeter. ⁉️
When we eat a lot of sweets, your taste buds get used to that amount of sweetness. This is called sensory fatigue and happens with not just your taste buds but all of your senses.
Our sensory organs receive sensory forward information from them brain and the body acts on these messages. Once your brain becomes accustomed to a constant signal, it tends to ignore it, and focuses on looking for more pronounced changes. This is the reason why we don’t find our tea or coffee sweet once we have it after eating something relatively sweeter.
what are you doing
त्वम् किम् करोषि
🤔 How it works ⁉
How a eagle can reach amazing heights without flapping their wings. 🦅
Ever watch a bird glide through the air effortlessly, rising higher and higher without ever flapping their wings? They do it by using a technique called thermal soaring. Birds can find hot, rising pockets of air and use the currents to stay aloft, and fly higher.
The Eagle bird is, as you said heavier than the chicken, but flies at a height of on an average of 3500 m. Even without flapping it can go on without decrease in height because it uses the force of warm-air below it. eagles which show flight rarely lasts longer than 4–6 hours.
💁🏻♂️ GK TODAY
Great Wall of China (China)
Christ the Redeemer Statue (Rio de Janeiro)
Machu Picchu (Peru)
Chichen Itza (Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico)
The Roman Colosseum (Rome)
Taj Mahal (Agra, India)
🙏🏻 VEDIK GNAN 🙏🏻
Shikhandi is a character in the Mahabharat epic. He was born a baby girl, named Shikandini,” to Drupada, the king of Panchala. Shikhandi fought in the Kurukshetra war for the Pandavas along with his father Drupada and brother Dhristadyumna. Shikhandi was born as a woman and later transformed into man.
Drupada and his wife desired to have a son worshipped lord Shiva. However lord Shiva told them that they will have a daughter and will become a man. Drupada brought up shikhandi like a boy and later got him married. His wife however realised soon who she was. Ashamed shikhandi left the palace and went to jungle where she met a yaksha named sthula. Feeling compassionate about her he decided to change sex but told her to return soon. Later another yaksha named kuber got to know everything and cursed sthula never to regain his sex. Sthula followers pleaded to set a time line as he had done out of compassion. Then kuber said after shikkhandi was dead he would become a man again
🧬 HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES🩺
( Note : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻)
Fenugreek or Methi seeds can immensely benefit in battling loose motions. Soak the fenugreek seeds in water for about 15 minutes. Grind them to a fine paste and mix in a glass of water to consume. You can also reduce dried fenugreek seeds to powder using a blender.
Team NFA Post
🙏PLZ FOLLOW GOVT. NORMS, MAINT SOCIAL DISTANCE, KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY SAFE🌼