Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé expands GLE’s successful portfolio | The more powerful AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé is now successor to AMG GLE 43 in India
- Formidable six-cylinder performance and race-bred driving dynamics are the cornerstones of the AMG 53 rangeThe AMG six-cylinder in-line engine with twin scroll turbocharging and F1 inspired 48 V EQ-Boost achieves 435 HP and an additional temporary 22 HP and 250 NM of electric output |0 – 100 km/h in 5.3 seconds
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT with seven drive programs: Slippery, Comfort, Sport, Sport+, Individual, Trail and Sand
- Selectable AMG performance exhaust system | AMG ACTIVE RIDE CONTROL+ with active roll stabilization system based on 48 V Technology configured to the hallmark AMG performance
- It is motorized by the renowned AMG SPEEDSHIFT TCT 9G transmission
- Mercedes-Benz offers the most comprehensive SUV portfolio in the luxury car segment with 7 SUVs and SUV Coupés
- The AMG GLE 53 Coupé is equipped with Mercedes me connect that offers multiple convenient connect features like remote engine start, remote lock/unlock, car locator, speed monitor, emergency e-Call which are accessible from the customer’s smart phone/tablet
- Features swanky new generation telematics, Mercedes-Benz User Experience (NTG 6.0) | Capable of ‘Over the Air’ updates
- MBUX: The most intuitive in-car virtual assistant and infotainment system based on AI and ML in the luxury car segment; takes the ‘always on’ experience to a whole new level | The AMG GLE 53 Coupé is the first AMG with MBUX in India
- The all-new GLE is now available in 300d, 400d, 450 and AMG GLE 53 Coupé variants
- STAR EASE service packages for the new GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé starts @ 92,000 for 2 years/unlimited kilometers
- The new Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé is priced at INR 1.2 Crore (all prices are ex-showroom, India)
Mumbai, NFAPost: India’s largest luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz further strengthened its AMG portfolio with the introduction of an all-new stylish performance SUV Coupé – the AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé.
The launch of the AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ is a significant and strategic decision for Mercedes-Benz as it introduces for the first time in India, the much awaited ‘AMG 53 series’. The new AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé that offers more power and performance dynamics also replaces the AMG 43 Coupé in India, and further builds on to the strength of the popular GLE SUV portfolio.
The vehicle combines sporty elegance and powerful performance with good off-road capabilities, innovative and intuitive technologies and intelligent driving assistance systems. The performance Coupé combines the advantages of a Mercedes SUV, through luxurious appointments, ample space for passengers and luggage, and is laden with technology and extensive safety features apart from its performance aspects.
Mercedes-Benz India Sales & Marketing Vice-President Santosh Iyer said launched the AMG GLE 53 Coupé in India at Mercedes-Benz India’s exclusive AMG Performance Centre in Mumbai following the new normal and through a physidigital event.
“The AMG GLE 53 Coupé will be available across all Mercedes-Benz dealerships in India from today,” said Mercedes-Benz India Sales & Marketing Vice-President Santosh Iyer.
Launching the latest AMG in India, Mercedes-Benz India Sales & Marketing Vice-President Santosh Iyer said the launch of the AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé is a strategic decision aimed at strengthening our AMG portfolio by introducing the much-awaited ‘AMG 53 series’ in India.
“The AMG portfolio is one of the fastest-growing segments for us and the addition of the ’53 series’ will further popularise the segment. The AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé offers more power and enhanced driving experience for the customers and it is the successor of the outgoing AMG GLE 43 in India,” said Mercedes-Benz India Sales & Marketing Vice-President Santosh Iyer.
Mercedes-Benz India Sales & Marketing Vice-President Santosh Iyer said the new performance SUV Coupé will also diversify our successful GLE portfolio by catering to those AMG customers aspiring for a practical and stylish performance SUV Coupé from the all-new GLE range.
“The new GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé is a very special vehicle, which combines style and elegance with the sporty characteristics of an AMG. An expression of performance luxury, we are confident it will deliver an engaging driving experience synonymous with an AMG. With its hallmark AMG features combined with the latest generation telematics supported by ‘Mercedes me’, the bold new addition to our GLE SUV portfolio will further cement our leadership position in the luxury performance car segment,” said Mercedes-Benz India Sales & Marketing Vice-President Santosh Iyer.
Technical specifications of the Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé
|Performance Data||Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé|
|Engine arrangement/cylinders||BS VI 6/in-line|
|Combustion engine output (kW/hp) @ rpm||320/435 @ 5500 – 6100 rpm|
|Output from EQ Boost (kW/hp)||16/22|
|Torque (Nm @ rpm)||520 @ 1800-5800|
|Acceleration (0-100 km/h)||5.3 seconds|
|Drive system||4MATIC+ with variable torque distribution|
|Transmission||AMG SPEEDSHIFT TCT 9G|
Mercedes-Benz India, which celebrated its 25th anniversary in India in 2019, pioneered the luxury car market in the country. Set up in 2009, Mercedes-Benz India’s world-class production facility is spread over 100 acres in Chaka near Pune.
Since June 2015, Mercedes-Benz India also commenced production from its new expanded production facility located in the same premises. Mercedes-Benz India is part of Mercedes-Benz’s Global Production Network and plays an important role in the CKD/MVP production network in Brazil, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam.
At these locations, Mercedes-Benz produces vehicles in various extension levels for domestic markets. The production facility carries an investment of more than Rs 2,200 crores and has the largest installed production capacity for any luxury carmaker in India. Mercedes-Benz India also has the largest network spread amongst any luxury carmaker, with presence in 48 Indian cities with close to 100outlets.
Through the exclusive AMG Performance Centers located in six cities including New Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kochi, and Pune, the AMG performance sub-brand of Mercedes-Benz also boasts of a strong retail network presence in the country. October 2019 also marked the introduction of Mercedes me connect and e-Commerce platform, the new digital initiatives for the best customers experience in India.
BS VI Vehicle
Mercedes-Benz India now boast of the entire portfolio having ‘connected cars’. Mercedes-Benz India is the first Indian carmaker to rollout a BS VI vehicle (S 350d) ‘Made in India, for India’ in January 2018.
Mercedes-Benz India product portfolio comprises the locally produced Mercedes Maybach S 560, S-Class, E-Class Long Wheelbase, CLA, C-Class and the GLA, GLC, GLC Coupé, long wheelbase GLE G350d and GLS luxury SUVs. Completely Built imported cars portfolio includes the V-Class Marco Polo, CLS, C-Class Cabriolet, the G 350d and the exciting AMG range.
‘Restless for Tomorrow’ is Mercedes-Benz India’s mantra for 2020. Today’s Indians are increasingly redefining themselves. This generation is not defined by age; restlessness is a state of mind, not a date of birth. They are restless and so is our brand. Mercedes-Benz India also took a firm step towards Electro-mobility with the launch of ‘EQ’ brand in India in January 2020.
Mercedes-Benz launched the AMG GT 63S 4MATIC+ 4 Door Coupé and the V-Class Marco Polo and also unveiled the New Mercedes-AMG A 35 4MATIC and the New GLA SUV at the 15th Auto Expo. The GLC Coupé was launched in March, which was also Mercedes-Benz India’s 10th CKD product in India. Mercedes-AMG also strengthened its portfolio in India with the launch of the AMG C 63 Coupe and the AMG GT R in May-2020. Mercedes-Benz strengthened its SUV portfolio with the launch of 2 news variants of the GLE and also that of the 3rd generation new GLS.