Chennai, NFAPost: After extending its work-from-home model until the end of this year, Flock, the workplace communication and collaboration platform, has introduced multiple amenities and activities for every Flock employee to ensure their safety and well-being during the Coronavirus pandemic.
The company prioritises an open and employee-friendly culture, and in the current situation as everyone is working from home, Flock aims at ensuring the mental and physical well-being of each of its employees.
“The pandemic called for introducing policies and activities that can help our rockstar employees work from home smoothly. WFH fatigue and frustration is real and being able to connect with our colleagues, leaders and teams is vital to personal well-being,” Flock Head HR Margaret Dsouza said.
“Flock has always focused on creating a ‘Work is Play’ culture while shaping an inclusive, safe, friendly, and persevering ecosystem for all its employees. These initiatives are steps towards creating a happy ambiance to boost motivation that will help the employees to feel rejuvenated and motivate them to work even more efficiently,” Dsouza added.
To help employees maintain a balance between work and personal life, the company has introduced the following initiatives:
- Work from home setup: a home workstation for every employee has been provided to all the employees including:
● a table of their choice a folding table or a full size office table and
● an ergonomic office chair
These workstations have been distributed to the Flock employees across the country in over 30 cities
- High speed Internet and access to IT gadgets: Topping up Flock’s internet reimbursement policy and providing necessary equipment.
Flock already had an internet reimbursement policy in place which they have enhanced in scope and monetary value. This is being specifically given to enable access to high speed internet connection for the employees. Additionally, being in the SaaS business, its employees constantly work on developing cutting edge technology solutions and require access to their gadgets and tech accessories at home to deliver high quality work. To enable this, the company shipped all their gadgets like laptops, desktops, monitors, screens, stands, keyboards, mouse, headphones, connectors, cables to their respective addresses.
- Employee Well-Being: Flock has a robust Employee Assistance Program where it offers free online counselling sessions to its employees on managing stress, anxiety and relationships while working from home. The employees can also avail these completely confidential sessions with Expert Counselors to discuss any personal issues or challenges they might be facing during these tough times.
- Subscriptions and Vouchers for digital experiences and online shopping: conducting fun employee events, contests and activities internally where the winners get rewarded with tons of goodies. The company is also creating Virtual Swag Bags consisting of online subscriptions and shopping vouchers in partnership with a variety of home-grown and local Indian brands #VocalforLocal
- LIT Saturdays: motivating employees while they work from home during pandemic times. ‘LIT Saturdays’ is a monthly social entertainment virtual event that brings live performances on themes like music, dance, comedy and other performing arts to the employees of Flock. The idea is to bring exciting and memorable experiences right to their homes which everyone can enjoy together with their work colleagues and family. The company also roped in stand-up comedian Kenny Sabastian to perform live over video for the first leg.
Additionally, Flock was recently certified as a Great Place to Work in India. This award recognizes best-in-class workplaces and company cultures based upon employee responses to the Great Place to Work Trust Index Survey.